In Our News

What's new with us...

If anyone has a blogroll we'd love to be included!


Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Breastfeeding Promotion

Being a working mom alone is hard. You miss your child and you want nothing more than to be with them, rather than with your fellow co-workers. At least that has been my experience. Add trying to be a breastfeeding mom to the mix and you have double the issues. Not only are you working, but you are having to find the time to pump - maybe even a place that is not a public restroom. Lucky for me I work for family and found a little break room area that I could pump freely in. There were a few close calls where the male employees forgot I was back there, but they grew accustomed to hearing the noise of the pump and knew I was back there doing my business. We even had a code - "going to the dairy farm" when I was busy. Maybe a little tactless, but it was funny and it worked.

Most women do not have a place to pump when they return to work and therefore they quit. Before you quit check out the laws or ask your employers for other options.

Check out this link as well - Breastfeeding Promotion Act of 2011

2 comments:

Elaine said...

I think employers, especially those who provide medical insurance to their staff, are finally coming around to the breast is best for everyone concept.

Suburbandipity Mommy said...

I love reading this on your blog, so many breastfeeding woman feel they have to stay home in order to breastfeed and therefore quit ( breastfeeding) when their maternity leave is up, I breastfed my son for 15 months. I only work part time and am a part time student but i know it can be done. My sister law, who's a full time real estate agent made breastfeeding work for her and all three of her kids. Thankyou for sharing such a supportive and read-worthy blog. I'm a new blogger here and am currently writing my blog blog and the top breastfeeding supplies I just can't do without, please follow me and check it out!!