In Our News

What's new with us...

If anyone has a blogroll we'd love to be included!


Thursday, October 6, 2011

Weekly Blog Hop

This weeks topic for the Blog Hop, @ Life with Levi, is multitasking.

Do you blog while breastfeeding? Tweet while nursing? Multitask in other ways? Share your stories here.

I have not yet mastered the art of multitasking.  Funny cause when it comes to just about anything else in life I can do two or three things at once.  When it comes to b/f though we are pretty stationary.  Little man is easily distracted and any noise or movement causes him to break off and investigate.  He is also a puller of hair, a purple nurple giver, an eyeglass bender and breaker and a lip pincher.  I had to get a local crafter and fellow mom to make me some fabric necklaces I could wear around my neck for him to play with.  I could blog or email while b/f but I find it painfully slow to type with one hand and I usually give up.  We like to be comfy on the couch or lying down when we nurse so I haven't tried walking and nursing,  The most I do is play a handheld game or watch a show.  A couple of times I've pumped one boob while nursing him on the other (very effective btw) but now he would be too distracted by the noise and would keep wanting to watch the pump instead of eat.







3 comments:

The Slacker Mom said...

The most I could do was tweet one handed while nursing and that ended at about 6 months. He was a very distracted nurser! Thanks for joining the hop!

Tmuffin.com said...

--visiting from the Breastfeeding Blog Hop.

Purple nurples! haha. My son is a lip pincher too. Actually, a cheek pincher. I wonder how my cheek can actually be grabbed like that. How is it physically possible?

Sometimes I pump the other side while nursing, too, but I have to hide the pump with a blanket. That is one of the only times that Little M becomes completely distracted!

Jen - Life With Levi said...

I've seen nursing "bling" necklaces, but I never thought about making fabric necklaces - genius!

Thanks for joining in the hop! I hope you'll link up again this week when we talk about BFing support groups.