In Our News

What's new with us...

If anyone has a blogroll we'd love to be included!


Thursday, October 20, 2011

Where I'm At

It's Thursday!  Linking up with Life With Levi for the B/F Blog Hop...

This Week’s Topic: Check Ins



 
Where are you at in your breastfeeding journey? Just started, celebrating a milestone, or already weaned?
 

We will be at 5 months next week and loving it!  I love nursing.  I am so sad that I didn't get this oppurtunity with my daughter.  I wish I knew then what I knew know and had the support then that I have now.  I never want to wean.  I want to be one of those mama's who have a 7 yr old on their boob.  I want to freeze my little man in time so he'll always want to be as close to me as he does now. 
Is it all peachy?  No not all of it.  Nights are sometimes rough.  Sometimes he's up 4 or 5 times.  I don't mind him waking up for a nurse, just not that often.  We cosleep anyway so it doesn't require much work on my end.  My husband has even caught me sleeping while little man sucks away.  And the other night I woke up to him sucking my boob (not the nipple just the flesh), pecking like a pigeon trying to find nip!  It was so cute.  I love snuggling with him at night and watching him fall asleep.  He tickles and massages me and gives me big smiles and sometimes tries to coo and chat with food in his mouth, he has bad table manners! 




2 comments:

Nikki said...

I know what you mean about loving to breastfeed. Once we were past the initial difficulties, I LOVED it!!! I wondered how annoying it must be to wash bottles and prepare formula. Congrats on your success!!

Anonymous said...

That is brilliant. Wish I was as confident as you about feeding a 7 year old. Well I am but not about letting people know iykwim. Would like to move to somewhere like Australia where it's more the norm.